Welcome To Poltair
Welcome to the Poltair School website. I hope that it provides you with a comprehensive introduction to our values, expectations and ways of working.
Every day during the week there will be a member of staff reading in the library at break times. Ask your tutor and check the library for details (open for all years). There are "design a book mark" and "design a book cover" competitions, forms will be available from your tutor. All pupils will receive a voucher in their English classes during the week. The voucher can be exchanged for a £1.00 World Book Day book or can be used towards the purchase of a book in many shops, or from the Scholastic leaflet (pupils will already have... Read More...
A Comment From The Headteacher
A Big Thank You From All At Poltair
Today at Poltair school we had an evacuation of school buildings following a false alarm (fire alarm). This unfortunately coincided with heavy rain and understandably staff and pupils got quite wet. The school staff rightly allowed pupils to change into other clothes they or we might have, or parents were contacted to bring in dry clothing for their children. Pupils were also offered school facilities to dry clothes. In some cases approval was given for pupils to go home with a parent to change and come back.
However Poltair School was not closed nor was approval given for pupils to leave school site to go home and not return. It is a credit to our pupils how wonderfully most of them dealt with this situation and a credit to parents who support us by ensuring their children stayed at school to finish the important last day of this Spring half term. We are all certainly well used to the wet weather at present, so there is an expectation to keep calm and carry on, which is exactly what we do at Poltair School.
The pupils were treated to hot chocolate and other hot drinks in the canteen at first break, served by staff who appreciate how much a hot drink can cheer us up on a day like today.
So please give your children a big thank you from all at Poltair for dealing with today in such good spirits. We do hope they have a lovely break next week and will see them all on 24th February 2014.
Comment From The Headteacher Archive
- 29 Jan 2014 - Most Improved Schools in the Country. Poltair School is on the List!
- 19 Dec 2013 - A Christmas Message
- 21 Oct 2013 - Smart Dress Does Mean Smart Learning
- 10 Oct 2013 - Honest, Friendly, Rapidly Improving
- 11 Sep 2013 - A New School Year
- 05 Sep 2013 - Fifth Year Of Record Breaking Examination Success At Poltair School
- 08 Mar 2013 - Changing Times
- 08 Mar 2013 - Changing Times
- 28 Aug 2012 - GCSE Results 2012 - The Best Yet!
- 11 May 2012 - Positive Feedback From The Community
- 24 Feb 2012 - A Week No Less Ordinary Than Any Other
- 02 Dec 2011 - Year 7 STEM Day
- 28 Nov 2011 - Industrial Action - 30 November
- 18 Nov 2011 - Strike Action 30 November
- 14 Oct 2011 - Pearl of Africa At Poltair School
- 16 Sep 2011 - The Beginning Of A Busy New School Year At Poltair
- 01 Jul 2011 - House System
- 24 Jun 2011 - Football Success For Dan Marks
- 17 Jun 2011 - Timings Of The School Day
- 06 Jun 2011 - Pearl of Africa Children's Choir
- 27 May 2011 - School Uniform
- 20 May 2011 - Ten Tors Success
- 13 May 2011 - A Word Or Two On Detentions
- 01 Apr 2011 - Changes for Next Year
- 25 Mar 2011 - BBC News School Event
- 18 Mar 2011 - Discussion Regarding Uniform
- 11 Mar 2011 - Having A Choice And Getting It Right
- 04 Mar 2011 - Changes For Next Year
- 04 Feb 2011 - Open Mornings
- 17 Dec 2010 - Christmas Thoughts, Christmas Cheer, Christmas Best Wishes
- 10 Dec 2010 - Getting Better On The Buses
- 03 Dec 2010 - Sports College And Sport Partnerhip
- 12 Nov 2010 - Rejoice In Life
- 22 Oct 2010 - Student Council Election Day
- 15 Oct 2010 - Open Days
- 08 Oct 2010 - Setting Targets All Week
- 01 Oct 2010 - Immensely Positive Message
- 24 Sep 2010 - Important Week In The School Calendar
- 17 Sep 2010 - Examination Success At Poltair School