Student Services is a universal provision that provides additional academic and pastoral support for all students at Poltair School. It is managed by a strong team of support staff with a wealth of experience in this important area of pupil/family support within the school environment.
Academically students will receive additional support with literacy, numeracy and dyslexia during the school day and after school. One to One support is provided to individual pupils by an experienced team of Teaching Assistants.
Student Services also provides a homework club that is open to all students from Tuesday to Thursday 3.05pm to 4.15pm. There is also a Literacy Club on Thursday 3.05pm to 4.15pm.
Pastorally Student Services offers a range of support, advice and lessons aiming to enhance the well being, confidence and self esteem of all young people throughout their school career at Poltair. This includes confidential advice and mentoring on a wide range of issues. Staff offering advice and lessons in the following areas are:
- Assistant SENCO - Ms Sullivan
- Pastoral Support Workers - (Mrs Warwick KS3/ Mrs Gilbert KS4)
- Learning Mentors - (Mrs Hendy and Mrs Gilbert)
- Senior HLTA (Mrs McNelly)
- Experienced Teaching Assistants
- Anti Bullying Mentors (Mrs Hendy, Mrs Gilbert and Mrs Warwick)
- Princes Trust HLTA (Mrs Harvey)
- Friendship Club (Mrs Harvey)
- Forest School (Mrs Harvey and Mrs Hendy)
- Literacy/Dyslexia Support (Mrs Webb)
- Multi Agency Support:
- Educational Psychologist
- Hear Our Voice
- Family Services
- Penhaligon's Friends
- Gwyns Kernow
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Bishop's Forum