Teacher Of English & Media
Relocation allowance available.
Required from September 2017 or sooner
Closing date: Midday on Monday 6th March
Number on roll: 637
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and innovative teacher to join a forward thinking English Faculty from September 2017 or sooner. The successful candidate will have energy and enthusiasm in equal measure in order to raise the profile of English across the curriculum. This role is suitable for newly qualified staff and more experienced practitioners.
We are looking to appoint an English Teacher who will:
- Have passion for teaching English and all facets of the curriculum, including media
- Have very high expectations of all students at all times
- Be able to enthuse and motivate all students
- Be an excellent team player with a strong commitment to professional development and raising standards
- Provide outstanding learning experiences for students in Years 7-11
If you believe you will be able to make a positive impact on the progress of the English Faculty then we want to hear from you.
Poltair School is a rapidly improving 11-16 school in the heart of St. Austell in Cornwall. It is a welcoming, vibrant and fulfilling place to work. All teachers are instrumental in realising the school’s commitment to ‘Believe and Achieve’. We pride ourselves on our strong values, supporting and encouraging students to embrace their learning.
- A relocation allowance of up to £2000 is also available to anyone moving to the area.
- Poltair School actively encourages its teachers to aspire to leadership roles within the school and provides personal development to support this.
Poltair School is a rapidly improving 11-16 school in the heart of St. Austell in Cornwall. It is a welcoming, vibrant and fulfilling place to work. All teachers are instrumental in realising the school's commitment to 'Believe and Achieve'. We pride ourselves on our strong values, supporting and encouraging students to embrace their learning. The school has secured six consecutive years of record-breaking examination results and this upward trend will continue into the future.
Please contact Mrs Pennell (Headteacher’s PA) for further information on 01726 874520.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All our recruitment and selection practices reflect this and successful applicants are subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Please email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org