Development & Improvement Plan 2017-18
During 2017 – 18 we are seeking to consolidate and enhance the school’s good quality of provision by striving to secure excellence in as many aspects of our work as possible. In doing so, we intend to clearly articulate what excellence is and ensure that this is explicitly shared with the relative stakeholders, modelling and illustrating wherever possible. In turn, it is our commitment to insist on this articulated excellence, from adults and students alike, ensuring that we challenge and support wherever it is necessary to do so.
In particular, we aim:
- To raise student outcomes across the school so that student progress is excellent
- To deliver an excellent (high quality) in-built professional learning programme
- To embed excellent (authentic) assessment across the school
- To deliver an excellent (systematic) quality assurance cycle that is low stakes, high frequency and developmental
- To ensure that learning (curriculum development and teaching strategies) lead to an excellent experience for all students
- To make excellent progress (in closing gaps) for key student groups
- To deliver pastoral care for all students that is excellent (students are safe, happy, attend regularly and thrive academically)
In working towards these aims we continue to set ourselves the challenge of maintaining the professional benchmarks outlined by the 5 ‘PACIA’ themes:
- Leading and modelling the very best in terms of demeanour, interactions and the preparation of our work.
- Having a positive mindset and positive moodset.
- Embracing accountability by being highly reflective.
- Getting things done properly and on-time.
- Demonstrating our duty of care for each other.
- In assessments; in judgements; in planning
- Being precise in our communications with all stakeholders
- Accepting the implications for leaders in checking, monitoring and supporting others
- Every person, every day, every lesson. Being at our best because students deserve this.
- Our policies need to mean practice
- This is about what we do and how it matches to what we say. It is about being honest. It is what we do when no-one else is looking.
- For ourselves – an absolute commitment to improving one’s practice.
- For learners – being positive, optimistic, having belief and not giving up. Being tenacious, making everything pertinent and relevant
- In our outlook and how we approach challenges and the tough stuff.